Sunday 27 December 2009

Festive Fragrance Fantasy Fulfilled - Sophie Conran "Delight"

I am pleased to report that this Christmas not only did I receive the double oven glove I so badly needed - in time to be immediately deployed on turkey manoeuvres - and some Belgian chocolates (admittedly bought as a gift to myself), but I also received a beautiful scented candle: a single wick, medium-sized votive called "Delight" by Sophie Conran for Portmeirion. It came in a ridged white ceramic pot (I have a teapot, cup and saucer and milk jug in the same series) and smells very subtly of lime and basil. The attractive mauve box with purple spots will be ideal for storing perfume samples. "Delight" has a luxe smell and presentation but is more reasonably priced than those scented candles I reviewed recently in my Molton Brown post. What can be better than an affordable fantasy?

1 comment:

Jimy said...

Scented candles make a lovely gift to delight your senses. I have large collection of perfume candles with varied fragrances. I use them in my bathroom and living room for refreshing air.